- FAQ's -
A selection of commonly asked questions and my answers! If you have other questions, or want to chat about something not on this page, please don't hesitate to send me an email here: contact
How would you describe your style?
I like to describe my style as simple and natural. By this I mean that I wont be posing you every couple of minutes and asking you to take a break for photos. I want you to be present and in the moment on your big day, and if I’m constantly interrupting, it shows. This does not mean though that I won’t help you stand in the best light, or make you laugh and forget that I’m following you around with a camera. I’m all about real emotions and moments, and will do my best to facilitate that happening!
How long does it take for us to receive our photos?
My turnaround time is 3-4 weeks, but I will be posting little teasers on social media and tagging you if you wish.
How are the photos delivered?
I will send you an online gallery of all your images where you can download, purchase prints and albums, and all that good stuff. I will also share a place to collect email addresses of your friends and family if they wish so they can be notified when the photos are ready. This helps you not have to facilitate all your extended family getting to see the pictures!
Absolutely! I just ask that you tag me where appropriate, and not alter the photos visually or with cropping.
Can I share my photos on social media?
I love first looks, and think that everyone should do one. Having a moment before seeing all the friends and family and getting swept up in the rest of the day is an amazing gift. It also allows for you to get some amazing portraits of the two of you, and gives you both some nice pre-ceremony nerve calming.
Should we do a first look?
You will receive at least 45 photos from your engagement session and at least 500 from your wedding day, but I love taking photos, and your awesome venue and decorations will get me excited and I’ll likely send you way more.
How many engagement/wedding photos will we receive?
Can we get an album after the wedding?
Of course! You can order physical products years after if you choose, but I recommend keeping it all within one year so it doesn't get forgotten. We live in an amazing age of digital technology, but 15 years from now it can be really special to hold a book of memories and show children and grandchildren what your day looked like. I offer a range of products from Red Tree Albums that fit a variety of budgets, which we can talk about in depth whenever you would like.
- Treat yourself to an awesome hotel room or space for getting ready, ideally with big windows, nothing takes away from getting ready photos like a pile of dirty laundry or old room service!
- Keep the lighting as natural as possible and don't let the DJ talk you into colorful uplighting (trends fade, but your photos will not)
- Outdoor receptions are amazing, and tents keep people dry in the event of some rain, but indoors tend to get dark and hot very quickly.
- Splurge on the wedding photographer and videographer of your dreams (your photos and video will outlive the cake and flowers).
- And the beautiful outdoors will always make for prettier backdrops than indoor locations.
Any advice from a photographer’s perspective for the big day?